Have you worked with a gasket and wondered how to improve it? The market does not always align with your exact needs. You might have a gasket material innovation in mind but don’t know how to make that a reality.
You are not alone. There are gasket material manufacturers who used to be in your situation, but they now design and engineer their own materials. They would be great resources to help you out. Depending on your expertise with material constructions, your dream material might already exist. If not, material manufacturers, especially those working with composites, have various options.
If you are interested in proceeding, be ready to answer the following questions:
- What type(s) of applications are we looking at, and what does it need to seal?
- What are the operating conditions and temperatures?
- What do you like/not like about what is currently being used/proposed?
- What are the flange conditions? Is there sufficient flange load available?
- What is the design life of the joint? How long does the gasket need to last?
- What is the target price range? Are we basing on price or performance?
The more specific your answers, the better a material manufacturer will understand your needs and find the best way to meet them. Challenge gasket material manufacturers by contacting them because everyone benefits from innovation.